Masks

A place for the general furry barks, meows, rabble rabble and squawking. Have fun discussing Califur topics!
Forum rules
Please remember not to posts with the following content:
  • Anything considered Illegal under US LAW
  • Cursing (this is an all-ages board)
  • Harassment and/or hate speech.
  • Spamming/Flooding

Masks

Postby Hotshot » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:45 am

Hey all, I had a quick question that I was hoping someone here could help me with. I'm going to be dressing up a bit for the con, and I was wondering where I could get a good looking mask. I already have ears and a wig, so it can't really be a full head mask. Just one that will maybe cover nose/eyes or something. I want to get the fur pattern as close to http://i.imgur.com/rmjwIJH.png as I can. Any suggestions out there?
User avatar
Hotshot
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:36 pm
Location: Sandy Ego

Re: Masks

Postby Catwoman69y2k » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:30 pm

Ah, a fan of Falvie's art, I see? Hmm.... I took a look at what might be able to be purchased now (since only a month remains. I doubt a custom commission is doable at this point). One of my haunts is Etsy:

https://www.etsy.com/search?q=wolf%20mask&ship_to=US

Such as... http://etsy.me/1rGYdg0, http://etsy.me/1tXt5v4 (leather, black), or http://etsy.me/1tXsyck (love the intricate design on this)

Only problem is that so many of these half masks seem to have the ears already there.
User avatar
Catwoman69y2k
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:45 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Masks

Postby Hotshot » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:46 pm

Yeah, I hit that same problem. I found a decent pair off Ebay that I'm going to probably have to modify a bit, but they'll work. Thanks for the suggestions!
User avatar
Hotshot
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:36 pm
Location: Sandy Ego

Re: Masks

Postby godel fishbreath » Thu May 01, 2014 10:01 am

Do you do otter as well as wolf?
godel fishbreath
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 9:58 am

Re: Masks

Postby Hotshot » Thu May 01, 2014 5:47 pm

godel fishbreath wrote:Do you do otter as well as wolf?

No, this will be the first con I dress up for. And I think the character is a raccoon, to get super technical.
User avatar
Hotshot
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:36 pm
Location: Sandy Ego

Re: Masks

Postby Catwoman69y2k » Fri May 02, 2014 8:44 am

Hotshot wrote:Yeah, I hit that same problem. I found a decent pair off Ebay that I'm going to probably have to modify a bit, but they'll work. Thanks for the suggestions!


My big problem is in the direction of the ear and tail combos. I do make my tails (yarn/CATS style) with no issue. I have matched yarn with garments before but sometimes its hard to match the ears since I dont make those. Overall, Im still not satisfied with my skills in sewing to do a set of ears myself.
User avatar
Catwoman69y2k
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:45 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Masks

Postby Hotshot » Fri May 02, 2014 11:00 am

Catwoman69y2k wrote:
Hotshot wrote:Yeah, I hit that same problem. I found a decent pair off Ebay that I'm going to probably have to modify a bit, but they'll work. Thanks for the suggestions!


My big problem is in the direction of the ear and tail combos. I do make my tails (yarn/CATS style) with no issue. I have matched yarn with garments before but sometimes its hard to match the ears since I dont make those. Overall, Im still not satisfied with my skills in sewing to do a set of ears myself.


I got a company called Lemonbrat to do my tail and ears. They are really flexible when it comes to coloring, so if you are having trouble matching ears with anything, check them out.
User avatar
Hotshot
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:36 pm
Location: Sandy Ego

Re: Masks

Postby Mark Rosenberg » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:47 am

Hotshot wrote:
godel fishbreath wrote:Do you do otter as well as wolf?

No, this will be the first con I dress up for. And I think the character is a raccoon, to get super technical.


Good to know!
Mark Rosenberg
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:35 am


Return to General Con "Arf!" Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

x